- > Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian Cancer Facts
- Ovarian cancer affects approximately 21,000 women in the U.S. each year.
- Ovarian cancer is the fifth-leading cause of death among women, making it one of the deadliest forms of cancer.
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms
It is easy for ovarian cancer to go undetected or be misdiagnosed as a less serious illness since symptoms are so generic:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Stomach ache
- Swollen abdomen
- Digestive disorders
Talc and Ovarian Cancer Link
The Link Between Talc and Ovarian Cancer
- Since 1982, more than 26 published studies have found and examined the link between talcum powder use and ovarian cancer.
- Scientific research shows that women who regularly use talcum powder products like baby powder in their genital area are three times more likely to develop ovarian cancer than women who do not use the product.
- Even research funded by Johnson & Johnson concluded that talcum powder use for feminine hygiene increases a woman’s chance of developing cancer.
- Click here to see more information on studies that show the link between talcum powder use and ovarian cancer.
– Dr. Bernard Harlow, leading ovarian cancer researcher from Harvard Medical School
How to Tell if Your Ovarian Cancer was Caused by Talc
Since talc fibers take many years to fully dissipate in the body, experts look at tissue samples and pathology reports to see if talc fibers are in a woman’s reproductive organs.